Window Caulking Services | RayAccess, Inc
Proudly Serving Los Angeles And The Surrounding Areas
Weatherproofing of your building’s exterior windows is a must. Before a nightmare situation occurs it always pays to be proactive and perform the necessary caulking services to prevent your windows from leaking. RayAccess specializes in exterior window leak repair and employs window caulking best practices. We are a professional, fully insured, and licensed window caulking company. And we are here to help if you have leaking glazing, window or skylight!
Due to our deep experience in working on all kinds of buildings across Los Angeles we know the appropriate sealant to use for each project. In fact, every project is unique and having the right materials and capabilities to access hard-to-reach areas is a requirement for any window caulking contractor. Our unique expertise in rope access and sealant procurement will keep your project on time and on budget!
Top Five Problems From Having Faulty Window Joints
- water damage
- mold growth
- unsightly stains
- unwanted bugs and spiders
- opens gaps limiting interior temperature control
Importantly, fixing your leaking window frames and joints can relieve all sorts of such problems. We all know how irritating it is to find unwanted pests in our homes. Or having high energy bills due to an air conditioning unit that is always on because of cold air freely flowing through window gaps. In addition, property managers have to deal with expensive lawsuits from tenants facing hazardous health risks due to mold.
Common Window Sealing Challenges
Every building substrate material has a different temperature deformation. For example, if your building exterior is stucco the material will expand or compress at a different rate than a building exterior made of glass. Furthermore, a glass building exterior will expand/compress at a different rate than wood. Thus to keep the exterior weatherproof, joints with flexible sealant are required to allow this deformation. It is essential to both use the proper sealant type for each joint type and apply the material correctly.
The different types of sealants used for window caulking include acrylic, silicone, urethane and hybrid sealants. They all have different strengths and weaknesses.
How To Do Window Caulking Or Window Sealing?
Window caulking, or more accurately window sealing, is a process of replacing or applying sealant on window joints to make them watertight and weatherproofed. There are different types of window joints. Each type of joint requires an appropriate type of sealant to make the area watertight.
Types of window joints:
- Frame-to-wall, etc.
4 step process: Inspection, Cleaning, Surface Preparation, Application
- Inspection: A visual leak inspection is how we begin any caulking service. Many times the visual inspection is conducted at the same time our technicians will perform the caulking service. However, when the leak is not obvious a water test is required to identify the water intrusion area. The water test is exposing various sections of windows to specifically gauged spray water at 5 min per 5LFT rate. Water test shall be done 1-2 days prior to caulking to allow the joints and substrate to dry.
- Cleaning: the second step includes cutting off the old caulk. If the old window caulk has cracks or delaminating, it has to be replaced completely. Now we can thoroughly clean the joint from any loose pieces or old sealant.
- Surface Preparation: Next is to consider the thickness of the sealant application. A backers rod should be used on joints deeper than half inch to prevent excessive thickness and unnecessary waste of sealant. If the window sealant is too thick, it has much less flexibility resulting in cracks and failure.
- Application: It is now time to caulk window frames. The sealant should be applied and tooled evenly. Tooling is critically important to ensure adhesion and even distribution of window caulk.
RayAccess Window Caulking Services
- Window leak inspection, leak detection
- Wet sealing Windows
- Curtain wall glass waterproofing
- High Rise window caulking
- Skylight caulking, skylight sealing
- Window leak water-test and thermal imaging
Benefits Of Hiring RayAccess
Licensed & Insured: RayAccess is a professional, fully insured and licensed caulking contractor. Whether you are a homeowner that lives in Los Angeles or a property manager we can help. Our window caulking service will seal your windows and prevent leaks. Don’t delay, waterproof your building today and avoid more costly repairs.
Unique Capabilities: RayAccess capabilities include advanced rope access techniques which can help reduce the time and cost for your waterproofing job. Our technicians are skilled at accessing high-rise buildings and homes with hard-to-reach windows. From skylight leak repair to caulking historical buildings with unique architecture, we get to places others can’t.
Labor Warranty: RayAccess stands by our work and guarantees satisfaction of the caulking services we perform. In fact we provide a workmanship warranty for 12 months for repaired (sealed) areas. If you find a leak due to our work we will re-caulk the area(s) no questions asked.
Procurement Services: RayAccess has provided caulking services on a wide variety of substrates. Before we waterproof your building or home, we procure the appropriate sealant for your window joint. We spend the time other caulking contractors don’t by sourcing the right products to fit the needs of your project.
What People Are Saying
- 1033 Ocean Ave HOA Board
On behalf of 1033 Ocean Ave HOA, I would like to thank RayAccess for a great job in cleaning and restoring the exterior of our building. Utilizing your rope access system saved our Association much in costs and we are glad to have avoided the need to erect scaffolding to perform the work. Sergey and his crew were very professional and communicated well during the project.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles / Director of Engineering
"Great job in washing our building! Very professional team."
- Fisch Properties / Property Manager
"Thanks so much for the great work! The windows look perfect"
- Playa Vista Community
"Great job at a great price! Had them come in to clean our building and were able to reach the high windows with no problem! Called for a free estimate, they came that same day and then came to clean to the next day! Friendly staff as well!"
- SouthPark Group/ Property Manager
Thank you so much for cleaning windows at our building. The tenants are so happy! They can finally see what's outside their windows!
- Loews Hotel/ Director of Engineering
I'm really happy with work RayAccess did for us on painting the exterior of Loews atrium. At first, I though it would be a nightmare project because of old paint condition and difficult access to some areas. But it turned out to be a very professional and smooth job! Thank you.
- Rooftop Cinema/ Head of Design & Production
RayAccess painted our outdoor movie screen on a high-rise building in Downtown LA. With their Rope Access method, they saved us thousands of dollars in bringing a huge lift and blocking almost entire street. The job was done perfectly! Thank you so much!
Window Caulking Service Area
RayAccess, Inc. provides Window Caulking & Waterproofing Services at following areas: Los Angeles County (including Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, Glendale, Santa Clarita, Burbank, San Fernando, Pasadena, Culver City, Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey, El Segundo, Long Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, City of Commerce), Orange County (including Anaheim, Santa Ana, Fullerton), Riverside County (including Ontario, Riverside, Cabazon, Palm Springs), San Bernardino County (including Fontana, San Bernardino), San Diego County.